Sunday, January 25, 2015

Decision - Leave or Stay

This is the second blog in a series describing how to help a loved-one who is ensnared in a damaging life choice. My experience comes from being married to my husband Art, a Jehovah's Witness. At some point I had to ask myself these questions.

When faced with a complex and difficult choice, it is easy to become paralyzed by indecision. Unfortunately, indecision results in it's own issues, leaving you and your partner in limbo, problems unresolved. I created a "decision tree" designed to use logic to resolve a difficult decision. No matter how painful the answer may be, it can help cut through the emotion and face what needs to be done.



If diagrams are not your thing, put your finger on the green oval and follow the arrows. Answer each question and depending on our answer, follow the "yes" or "no" to the strategy. Each rectangle surrounded by a double bar will be described in detail in a future blog.

If you think I have missed a critical question or that your circumstances are unique, I am open to hearing from you. 

All topics:

Help, I am in love with a....
Decision - Leave or Stay
Decision - Pick Your Strategy
Domestic Detente
Waking Up Strategies
Relationship Building
Community
Positive Influence
Coercion
Negotiating With Hostiles